Duration of Course:
The duration of course of Instruction for the degree of M.Sc. Nursing shall be Two years including internship.
ADMISSION TO THE COURSE:
Admission to the M.Sc. Nursing course will be made on the basis of merit of the entrance examination held by the university or competent authority.
1. Advanced Clinincal Nursing includes Patho-Physiology(Theory and practical)
2. Nursing Education (Theory and practical)
3. Social Psychology
4. Nursing Research and Statistics
1. Nursing Specialities
2. Medical Surgical Nursing(Theory and practical)
3. Obstetrical , Gynecological Nursing and Midwifery(Theory and practical)
4. Nursing Management(Theory and practical)
5. Project Work , Thesis , Dissertation(Theory and practical)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO EXAMINATION FOR M.Sc. (N)
1 The candidate should have a degree in B.Sc. (Hons.)Nursing /B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) / Post Basic/ B.Sc. Nursing(4 years) course from any recognized university, from an educational institute recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
2 Registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
3 Minimum Education:
- A candidate should have passed in the subjects of PCB and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying examination (10+2).
- Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government having science subjects and English only.
- A candidate belonging to SC/ST or other backward classes, the marks obtained in PCB taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 45% as stated above.
- English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc.(N)